Identity and interoperability are the two ideas that are most interesting to me in the modern web, especially one where blockchains exist. Let’s just get to the links for this week.
- Toys, Secrets, and Cycles: Lessons from the 2000s: Chris Dixon on building through downturns.
- FIDO Alliance UX Guidelines: The FIDO Alliance released UX guidelines for authenticator apps and for sites relying on security keys.
- “So here are they are, with Star Wars examples”: A very accessible distillation of writing concisely for busy people, written by someone who used to prepare the President’s Daily Brief. Lots of things I’ve learned through hard-earned experience myself.
- I F***ing Hate Jira: We ended up trying Linear because I really hate Jira, too.
- The Future of Decentralized Identity and Reputation | Evin McMullen from Disco: When I began trying to get smarter about Web3, Evin McMullen was on several lists of “must follows,” which is how I heard about this episode. I really like the way she’s thinking about Disco. Some really good ideas here.
Code & Tools
- SeaORM: Really liking this library for a Rust/Actix ORM.
Maker & Home Automation
- Raspberry Pi Pico W: THe Raspberry Pi foundation launched a possible alternative to the ESP32-based boards out there. Of course, I pre-ordered a few.